Museum Ship Mercuur
Discover the rich maritime history of the Netherlands on board the Museum Ship Mercuur, located in the Dokhaven in the heart of maritime Vlissingen. This former torpedo workship offers a unique glimpse into life in the Dutch navy in the 1950s.
What can you expect at Museum Ship Mercuur?
- Historical Navy Ship: Explore the Mercuur, a former Dutch navy ship that originally served as an ocean minesweeper and later as a torpedo workship.
- Interactive Tours: Visitors can board and explore key parts of the ship, such as the bridge, the command center, the engine room, and the captain's cabin.
- Insight into Navy Life: Experience what life and work on board a navy ship in the 1950s was like, with a peek into the crew's sleeping quarters and other daily spaces.
- Ship Models Collection: Admire an extensive collection of ship models that made it into the World Guinness Book of Records.
- Michiel de Ruyter: See a statue of Michiel de Ruyter, the famous Dutch admiral, on board the ship.
Visit the Museum Ship Mercuur in Vlissingen for a unique and educational experience that takes you back to an important piece of Dutch maritime history.
Furthermore Museum Ship Mercuur is near the following sights: Gaming Factory (±400 m), Orange mill (±400 m), Guided City Walk through Vlissingen (±450 m), Sun Train Zeeland (±450 m) & Maritime MuZEEum Zeeland (±450 m).
For informationDok van Perry, Vlissingen
tel. +31 642 496 756